Baptisms at St. Mark Parish take place at noon on the first Sunday of the month in Spanish, and the fourth Sunday of the month in English. To register for the next Pre-Baptismal/Re-Jordan class call:
Nelly Rojas @ (267) 680-3610 (Spanish)
Anna Larrisey @ (215) 788-8948- home or (215) 788-1600- work (English)
- Attendance at our Pre-Jordan session.
- Two Catholic Godparents (must be at least sixteen years old, have received the Sacraments of Initiation and obtain a certificate or letter of eligibility from his/her respective parish stating that they are registered, practicing Catholics in good standing and eligible to be a Godparent.)
- Or one Catholic Godparent and one Christian witness.
- Married by the Catholic Church or single without living in a free union.
Since our parish office has re-opened as of June 6th, we are now resuming Pre-Jordan classes with the following restrictions:
- Baptisms are limited to no more than 5 babies at a time.
- Interested parents must contact Anna or Nelly to register for the classes.
- Class is limited to the instructor, the parents, and Godparents.
- Everyone must, sign in and sanitize their hands upon entering the building.
- All attendees must keep a safe distance or wear a mask during class.
- After class, make sure the room is clean and the instructor must wipe down the table and chairs with the wipes provided.
- Attendance for the actual Baptisms in the church, at this time, is limited to immediate family only.
Requesting an Eligibility Certificate:
Saint Mark Parish is happy to provide its members with a letter of eligibility when requested to do so, provided that the following are true:
- The person making the request is a registered member of Saint Mark Parish.
- Young adults are considered registered members of the parish via their parents’ registration until they move away from home or reach the age of twenty-five, whichever comes first.
- If you are newly registered, you must wait three (3) months and attend mass regularly before requesting the certificate.
- The person meets the following requirements for service as a sponsor or godparent:
- He or she must be at least 16 years old.
- He or she must be a baptized Catholic, who has also received the Sacraments of Confirmation and the Most Holy Eucharist.
- He or she practices their faith by regularly participating in Mass and the Sacraments.
- He or she, if married, has been married according to the laws and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- He or she is not the father or mother of the candidate.
Christian Witness for Baptism:
Provided one Godparent is a practicing Catholic, a Christian witness may serve as the second Godparent. A Christian witness is a validly baptized non-Catholic who practices their faith in Christ visibly and sincerely.
The Christian Witness must provide a letter from his or her pastor, indicating that they are an active member of their church.
If you have a question about these requirements or if you find yourself ineligible, contact our parish office at 215-788-2319 so we can answer your questions and provide information to help you return to a regular practice of the faith.
- For a wedding in the Catholic church at least one of you must be a baptized Catholic.
- Notify parish office at (215) 788-2319, nine months before your intended date, No Friday weddings.
- Schedule to meet with our priest for an interview
- If you have been previously married in either a civil or religious ceremony make sure you discuss this with the Priest at the first meeting.
- If not baptized at our parish, you must provide a certificate dated six months prior to the wedding date.
- Participate in Pre-Cana class (a course or consultation for couples preparing to be married in a Catholic church) Use this link to schedule class: phillycatholicmarriageprep.com
- Participate in Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Schedule to meet with Priest for prenuptial investigation and to finalize the ceremony
- Attend rehearsal in the church with parish staff.
This archdiocesan marriage preparation program (the steps of which are outlined above) will provide you with the spiritual resources and practical tools you need for a strong and healthy marriage – not only as newlyweds, but for a lifetime.
To assist you, click here for a sample template for your wedding program.
Saturdays, 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at our parish site.
Sacrament of Anointing
You may call the parish office at (215) 788-2319 during business hours to arrange a visit by our priest. After hours, if you have an emergency needing the sacramental attention of a priest, please call (215) 788-2493.
Call the parish office at (215) 788-2319.